Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Relief Activities in Slidell

I received the following message through Bill Yuille:

From: John & Gail Nogueras
To: jgnogueras@gmail.com
Sent: 9/2/2005 12:43:36 PM
Subject: Hurricane Katrina Relief for Slidell, LA

Hello all,

As you probably remember, Gail and I will be closing on our house on Long Island sometime this month and as crazy as it sounds are in the process of buying a house in Slidell Louisiana. We do not believe this to be coincidence as the Lord has been preparing us for this and all things have been falling in place. Slidell is the town on the North Shore of Lake Ponchartrain (New Orleans is on the South Shore) and it has been hit pretty hard as well by the hurricane. We are literally at the point of being weeks away from this move. At this point, since there are no utilities to the town, we plan to put our household goods in storage here on L.I. Gail and the kids are probably going to stay with her parents in Florida. I on the other hand am being led by the Lord to make a pilgrimage to Slidell to help with the disaster relief and rebuilding. The assembly in Slidell hasin the last year purchased a camp about 40 miles north of Slidell in Mississippi and are planning to use this facility as a staging area for the members while they rebuild their homes. I will be staying there as well. I am willing to donate my time and my skills as a construction worker and a fisher of men to this ministry. I am planning to do all of this and leave here by Wednesday or Thursday September 7th or 8th. My plans are at this point to:
  • Buy a trailer or have one donated. (Enclosed utility trailer) Approximately $2600.00
  • Buy MRE's (Military Meals for the field) 20 cases = 240 Meals @ $6.84each totaling $1641.60 from West Point Military Academy in upstate NY. Theyhave set these meals aside for me and seem to be the only place that I can find them.
  • Load my truck and the trailer with gas (cans of gas for the generator and I will need money for gas for my truck), the MRE's, Water, and other items such as: First Aid supplies, Chain Saws, Socks and underwear, Baby Wipes, Toiletries, Tarps, Flash Lights, Batteries D & AA & AAA, Duct Tape, Matches, Waterless Soap, Antibacterial Sanitizer Gel, Contractor grade garbage bags, Inflatable baby pools, Camp Showers, Latex Gloves, Masks, Load my tools, nail guns, hammers, generator, shovels, and so on....

I have petitioned my local Home Depot and they are going to give me a call today to let me know if they will be able to donate some of these things. Chances are good that they will be able to.

I have set up a channel for the finances to go through and to be accounted for. Charlie Oliveras from Village Lane Bible Chapel has access as the chapels Treasurer to the chapels' bank account. All financial support can be mailed or delivered to him and can be made payable to Village Lane Bible Chapel. He will then be able to get the money directly to a bank account designated for this effort that we in Louisiana will have access to. His address is 9 Saxon Rd, Centereach, NY 11720. His home phone number is(631) 698-0060 and his cell phone number is (631) 521-4819.

In addition, if there are people who cannot help financially but are able to send packages, Bob Brown has given me an address to send those packages to. Please have them sent to: Bob Brown c/o James Bonner 2081 Bonnertown Rd. Needham, Alabama 36915

Please commit all of this to prayer as time is of the essence to get this relief to the area. As soon as I can get all of these things in place I will pack up and hit the road. My cell phone number is 631 764-9001 and my email is jgnogueras@gmail.com. My wife, Gail's cell phone number is 631 523-5913 in case you cannot get in touch with me directly. Thank you very much for your time and prayer in this matter. Let us trust in the Lord to provide for the needs of His people.

Your brother in Christ Jesus,
John Nogueras

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home